kyleInMotion

The Evolution of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin
' They rattled my cage to see if I'd bite. When they released me, they'd see that the answer was yes. ' -page 527

^ That has to be one of my favorite quotes from this book.

These books are easily some of my favorites.

This improved on everything that needed improving on in the first book (which was not much) and brought up the suspense, stakes, action and mystery by massive levels until everything over-flowed into a conclusion that left me breathless -and if I'm being honest- SHAKING.

That's right, all of the plot-twists, surprises and tragedy LEFT ME SHAKING. I was obsessed with this book. I barely set it down until I was done.

I don't know how I will pass the time until the third book, but it will probably be full of nail-biting and head-banging against the wall-ing, and any other number of mind-numbing activities.

I must say, Michelle Hodkin is a master at creating mystery, and she has the chapter outs down to an art from, along with the way she commands your attention. Her stories, character, and prose, crackle with an intensity that has rarely been matched, and I'm sure the third book will surpass expectations, as this second novel did.

Invisible Monsters